The Made in Mexico logo is a distinction established by the Federal Government through the Secretariat of Economy (SE), to distinguish products made in Mexico from foreign-made products. The objective is to strengthen the domestic market, enhance the competitiveness of national products and boost their consumption.
Individuals with business activity and legal entities (businesses) which produce, create, and/or manufacture products on national soil may request, at no charge, authorization to use the "Made in Mexico" logo.
You can now do this electronically, through the Made in Mexico web site. Click here.
1. Visit the service counter of the General Standards Office, the Regional or Local Office of the Secretariat of Economy nearest to your home to obtain the free application form for authorization to use the "Made in Mexico" logo. You can also download it here.
2. Fill out the form (typed or in block letters) with the information and attach the relevant documents. The form tells you which documents you need to copy and attach.
3. Hand in the form and the attached documents to the service counter of the relevant regional or local office, or to the General Standards Office. You will receive a receipt.
4. Regardless of how you submitted the application, through the Made in Mexico web site or over the counter, the SE will respond in no more than 5 working days, counting from the day after the day you submitted the application, to the email address you gave on the form.
5. If, within 3 working days after receiving the application for authorization, the SE detects that the information or the documentation is incomplete or incorrect, you may be sent a request, which you should respond to within 5 working days of the date you were notified. If you do not respond within that time, your application will be discarded, but you may submit a new one.
6. Once you have obtained authorization, use your user account and password to enter the Made in Mexico web site http://www.hechoenmexico.gob.mx where you can download the logo file and your Graphic Identity Manual.